We have a new film-streaming service available. Kanopy contains approximately 30,000 films, focusing on documentaries, classic/independent films, foreign films, rare and hard-to-find titles. They have films from the Criterion Collection, PBS, The Great Courses, Kino Lorber, The Orchard, and on and on … Kanopy also has about 1,500 kids’ movies available.
Click the logo below to sign-up.
Click logo (above) to sign-up
You may also download the app on whatever device you own and sign up there. You will be asked to provide an email and create a password. They will send you a verification email. Click on that, and then provide your library card number to log in. You’ll then be able to browse the collection. To access the kids’ films, click “KIDS” in the upper right hand corner. After signing up, users will log in with their email and password. No PIN is needed.
- You get 5 play credits per month. A play credit is charged when you actually click “play.”
- Once you click “play,” you have 72 hours to view the film as many times as you want.
- Everything is available at all times. No holds.
- Play credits reset on the first day of the month.
- Kanopy can be streamed on any of the major devices – iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, Chromecast … as well as on desktop computers.
- You must have a valid MPL-issued Evergreen Indiana card to access Kanopy. The card must be active (not expired) and fines under $10.
- Films have a public performance rights included, which means they can be played for groups, such as in a classroom or a program/event.