TECHNOLOGIES AT YOUR COMMAND
Mooresville Public Library is proud to offer a variety of free technology services. From our computer labs to our business services and self-checkout capabilities, we want to make your visit easy!
COMPUTER CLASSES FOR SENIORS
For those age 50 or older, ComputerAged.org offers beginner and advanced computer classes in the library instructional computer mini-lab. Call (317) 855-8734 to register or for more information.
AUTO CHECK-IN FOR RETURNED ITEMS
The library now has an automated sorting machine that checks-in your returned items. Follow the prompts on the monitor. Insert ONE ITEM at a time and wait for it to be processed before continuing. When finished, you may print a receipt showing that you returned the items listed. Click the video below to see how.
The library has installed several self-checkout kiosks for patron use. They are easily navigated and will expedite the checkout process. Click the video below to see how.
Nineteen computer stations are available, using the Userful platform (with Microsoft Office, web browsers, and other software), fiber-optic Internet connectivity, and printing capability.
- Use your Evergreen Indiana (E.I.) library card to log-in.
- If you don’t have a library card, temporary computer passes may be obtained from our circulation desk.
- The main computer lab is located across from the photocopier, just outside the youth services department.
We have other computer services available:
MPL Mini-Lab Features: Six computer stations – Fiber-optic Internet connectivity – Excellent for computer training or online classes.
- Located in the youth services department.
Indiana Room Public PC – One computer station with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer – Fiber-optic Internet connectivity – print-enabled.
QUICK TIPS FOR COMPUTERS, WIRELESS, FAXING, PRINTING, DIGITAL SCANNING, & PHOTOCOPYING
Logging into the computers in the library’s computer lab
When you log-into a computer in the Library’s computer lab, use your 14-digit Evergreen Indiana (E.I.) Library Card number, which appears on the BACK of your E.I. library card.
Printing from a computer in the computer lab
Print your document(s) from whichever lab computer you’re using. In most Windows-based software, this is usually done by clicking a printer icon (in the software’s tool bar) or by clicking FILE, then PRINT, in the software’s menu bar.VERY IMPORTANT: Then select either color or black-and-white printing in the pop-up window. Click the print button (or OK button) in the pop-up window. This sends your print job to the printer/photocopier.
Once you’ve sent your print job(s) to the printer/photocopier (across from the computer lab), you will need to print the document(s) at the printer/photocopier. Click here (or click the icon below) for step-by-step printing instructions.
Connecting to our FREE wireless network
Click on your laptop’s (or other online device’s) network configurations icon and select MPL wireless. You do not need a password to access our wireless network.
Remote Wireless Printing
Click here to remotely print using our wireless network. Your documents will print to our public photocopier next to the circulation desk (across from the computer lab).
Sending a Fax at the Library
There is a public fax machine at the Library’s Circulation Desk, immediately to the right of the self-check-out station complete instructions can be found on the counter. Price: $3 for the first page, and then $1 for each page thereafter.
There are two scanning options available:
- There is a digital scanner connected to the Indiana Room Windows PC (available to the public–the computer facing the door).
- Ask staff at the adult information desk to digitally scan your documents or photos using the public photocopier/printer (across from the computer lab). These scans may be saved to a flash drive at the adult information desk computer; patrons may then borrow the flash drive to email or print scans in the computer lab.
Cost of Photocopying & Printing
- 8-1/2″ x 11″ paper: 10 cents per image for B/W, 25 cents per image for color.
- Larger paper sizes: 20 cents per image for B/W, 50 cents per image for color.