JOIN OUR BLOG FOLLOWERS
Looking for good books to read? Want to keep up-to-date with what’s happening at the library? We have a blog for that.
Children’s Services Blogs
- Miss Michelle @ MPL: Early Literacy Fun at the Library: Join Miss Michelle, MPL Early Literacy Assistant, while she blogs about all the exciting stuff that she does in early literacy story times, as well as K-6 programming! If you are a parent, librarian, educator, or generally awesome person, please feel free to leave questions or comments.
Young Adult Services Blogs
- Kate’s Anime & Manga Bytes: If you’re a fan of anime and manga, our head of technical services, librarian Miss Kate, has some fine suggestions for young adult readers.
- MPL’s Book Nook: Our adult programming coordinator Miss Meghan reviews interesting titles for teens (and adults).
Adult Services Blogs
- MPL Indiana Room Treasure Trove: Interested in the history of Mooresville, Morgan County, and Indiana? This blog overflows with historical details about your community.
- Cat’s Eye View @ MPL: Cauli Le Chat, feline roving reporter for Mooresville Public Library, reports all things interesting to cats (and humans) that are happening at the library. Related stories from across the state (and beyond) will also be included.
- Savvy Book Reviews: Former MPL teen librarian Miss Rachel, known around the library as Savvy, picked some fabulous young adult reading. Sadly, Savvy left MPL in mid-March for a new job in Florida.
- Explore to Learn: Early Literacy Blog: Jaymi Edwards, formerly MPL early literacy specialist, said that her goal for this blog was to create an educational space for parents, caregivers, and perhaps other librarians who are looking for that next great idea! She hoped to increase awareness of the importance of early literacy while also generating new and fun ways to spread this idea. Although the Library’s new early literacy specialist will be posting to this blog directly on our website’s blog page, we are retaining Jaymi’s blog postings for your quick reference and perusal.
- MPL Readers’ Advisory: Looking for something offbeat to read? This blog has some suggestions in its archive postings.
- Hatching Chicks at MPL: In springtimes past, the library has hatched baby chicks. Watch the eggs from incubation to chick emergence. Patrons helped name the newborns! Includes pictures and videos so you can watch their growth and development.
- Catch It @ MPL (Cauli 4 Kids): Hello! Cauli Le Chat here. I’m the official roving reporter for Mooresville Public Library. My blog is especially for my kid readers. I hope you have fun following what’s going on at our favorite public library.