NEED A LIBRARY CARD? GET ONE. IT’S EASY!
The Mooresville Public Library is your resource center for more than just books! All you need is a MPL card to get started taking advantage of all the services MPL has to offer. Simply stop by the circulation desk at the library and ask how to get your card today.*
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET YOUR CARD
- Proof of Identity – driver’s license or other form of state issued identification
- Proof of Residency – State-issued I.D. with current mailing address. If the address shown is not current, then residency may be established by showing a utility bill, bank statement, wage stub, or other document that lists your name and current mailing address.
- You must be 18 years or older. Minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian to obtain a MPL card.
- You will be asked to complete a registration card for our files.
* MPL issues library cards exclusively to Brown Township residents (in Morgan County, Indiana). If you reside in another township in Morgan County, you need to visit the Morgan County Public Library system (serving other Morgan County townships).
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, MPL OFFERS ADDITIONAL LIBRARY CARDS WITH BENEFITS.
From the Public Library Access Card to the Evergreen Indiana Library Card, you can get both at the Mooresville Public Library. These cards offer you the flexibility to visit many or all libraries throughout Indiana.
PLAC LIBRARY CARDS
MPL can issue Public Library Access Cards (PLAC) that enables the cardholder to use any public library in Indiana. You must be an Indiana resident to purchase a PLAC card. The annual state fee for a PLAC card is $50. This is a desirable option for residents who wish to use public libraries around the state, or for those who live outside Morgan County and wish to use MPL, and who do not already have an Evergreen Indiana library card (see below).
EVERGREEN INDIANA LIBRARY CARDS
Brown Township residents (in Morgan County) will receive an Evergreen Indiana (E.I.) library card from MPL. This card may be used at any E.I. library throughout Indiana. E.I. libraries that are relatively close to Mooresville include Morgan County Public Library, Plainfield-Guilford Twp. Public Library, Danville Public Library, and Greenwood Public Library.
Morgan County residents who live outside Brown Township may use their E.I. library cards issued by the Morgan County Public Library at any E.I. consortium library, including MPL.