STREAMING MOVIES (KANOPY)
We have a new film-streaming service available. Kanopy contains approximately 30,000 films, focusing on documentaries, classic/independent films, foreign films, rare and hard-to-find titles. They have films from the Criterion Collection, PBS, The Great Courses, Kino Lorber, The Orchard, and on and on … Kanopy also has about 1,500 kids’ movies available.
Click the logo below to sign-up.
Click logo (above) to sign-up
You may also download the app on whatever device you own and sign up there. You will be asked to provide an email and create a password. They will send you a verification email. Click on that, and then provide your library card number to log in. You’ll then be able to browse the collection. To access the kids’ films, click “KIDS” in the upper right hand corner. After signing up, users will log in with their email and password. No PIN is needed.
Please watch the following video to learn how to use Kanopy:
Kanopy – Streaming Cinematic Masterpieces
- You get 5 play credits per month. A play credit is charged when you actually click “play.”
- Once you click “play,” you have 72 hours to view the film as many times as you want.
- Everything is available at all times. No holds.
- Play credits reset on the first day of the month.
- Kanopy can be streamed on any of the major devices – iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, Chromecast … as well as on desktop computers.
- You must have a valid MPL-issued Evergreen Indiana card to access Kanopy. The card must be active (not expired) and fines under $10.
- Films have a public performance rights included, which means they can be played for groups, such as in a classroom or a program/event.
STREAMING MOVIES, TV SHOWS, MUSIC (HOOPLA)
Patrons with MPL-issued Evergreen Indiana library cards can stream movies, TV episodes, and music albums (in addition to audiobooks, ebooks, graphic novels/comic books) on their computers/laptops (or download the same content to many smartphones and tablets) from www.hoopladigital.com for FREE! There are currently a quarter million titles from which to choose!
Please watch the following video to learn how to use Hoopla:
Hoopla – Audiobooks, eBooks, Music, and Video
How It Works
- To access hoopla on your iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire devices, download the hoopla app for your device, set-up your hoopla account, and then download or stream the titles to your smartphone or tablet for on-the-go use. (The hoopla app is available on Google Play, iTunes App Store, or Amazon.com.)
- To access hoopla on your computer or laptop, go here and click the blue Get Started button to set up your account. In future, you will click the blue Log In button to access your account. (To view videos, you may be prompted to download a Widevine Media Optimizer plug-in the first time.)
- Five circulations per patron per month (subject to change)
- No holds
- Every title is available at all times
- Audiobooks, ebooks, graphic novels/comic books = 21 days
- Music albums = 7 days
- TV episodes & movies = 3 days (a few are only 2 days)
Patrons can see loan periods for items before checkout.
- Borrowed items will be automatically returned after the lending period is over.
- Patrons may also return items prior to due dates.
Need Some Help?
For technical assistance with hoopla, visit www.hoopladigital.com/support or log into your hoopla account and click Contact Us at the bottom. Click here for instructions how to use Hoopla on iOS devices.