Mooresville Businesses Gnome Hunt
You’re going on a gnome hunt! There are 8 gnomes making
themselves at home at 8 local businesses in Mooresville.
Your quest is to find these gnomes, describe their location,
and deliver your report back to Mooresville Public Library. All
adventurers who complete the gnome hunt will be rewarded
with trinkets of appreciation.
Summer Reading Program 2020
June 1 - July 24, 2020
For your safety and ours, our summer reading program will be virtual.
How to Register:
Sign up online, using this link: https://bit.ly/MPLSummer20
How to track your reading:
You have two options to track your reading this summer!
If you prefer paper logs:
You can download and print Log 1 here.
You can download and print Log 2 here.
You can download and print Log 3 here.
You can pick one up in front of the library at any time from our flyer stand.
Paper logs will be accepted on or after certain dates:
Log 1: Accepted on or after June 08
Log 2: Accepted on or after June 22
Log 3: Accepted on or after July 06
Log 4: Accepted on or after July 20
If you want to log online:
Click here to access Online Reading Log 1. This log will be available June 1, 2020
Click here to access Online Reading Log 2. This log will be available June 8, 2020
Click here to access Online Reading Log 3. This log will be available June 22, 2020
Online logs will be accessible on certain dates:
Log 1: June 01
Log 2: June 08
Log 3: June 22
Log 4: July 06
What to Expect Each Week
- Virtual family program – either prerecorded or held live, shared on Facebook and Instagram or through Zoom, Mondays at 1 PM.
- Virtual family program – Click here to watch videos
- Virtual storytime with Emily, Tuesdays at 10:30 AM on Facebook.
- Virtual storytime – Click here to watch videos
- Link to a virtual escape room – will be posted on library’s social media pages and the website (below).
- Family Program (ages 6-10) Craft and Activity Packets, with supplies and instructions. This also includes coloring and/or activity pages that match the weekly theme. Available during curbside hours without an appointment. Call the library when you arrive to say you want a packet. Available while supplies last, 1 packet per child. Please request responsibly.
- Storytime (ages 0-5) Craft Packet– premade packets with supplies and instructions, a rhyme sheet and coloring page, available in the same way as the Family program craft packets.
- Video Book Talks that match the weekly theme – will be posted on library’s social media pages, YouTube, and the website.
- Video Book Talks – Click here to watch videos
- Teens (ages 13 – 18) can meet up with Megan on Discord (bit.ly/YAZMPLdiscord) for Virtual Nerd Club on Tuesdays at 3:30 PM and Make it at Home on Thursdays at 3:30 PM.