NEED A LIBRARY CARD? GET ONE. IT’S EASY!
Brown Township residents (in Morgan County) will receive an Evergreen Indiana (E.I.) library card from MPL. This card may be used at any E.I. library throughout Indiana. E.I. libraries that are relatively close to Mooresville include Morgan County Public Library, Plainfield-Guilford Twp. Public Library, Coatesville-Clay Twp. Public Library, Danville Public Library, Greenwood Public Library, Thorntown Public Library, and Lebanon Public Library.
Morgan County residents who live outside Brown Township may use their E.I. library cards issued by Morgan County Public Library at any E.I. consortium library, including MPL.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO GET YOUR CARD
- Proof of Identity – driver’s license or other form of state issued identification
- Proof of Residency – State-issued I.D. with current mailing address. If the address shown is not current, then residency may be established by showing a utility bill, bank statement, wage stub, or similar document that lists your name and current mailing address.
- You must be 18 years or older. Minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian to obtain a MPL card.
- You will be asked to complete a registration card for our files.
MPL issues E.I. library cards exclusively to Brown Township residents (in Morgan County, Indiana). If you reside in another township in Morgan County, you need to visit the Morgan County Public Library system (serving other Morgan County townships).
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, MPL OFFERS ADDITIONAL LIBRARY CARDS WITH BENEFITS.
PLAC LIBRARY CARDS
MPL can issue Public Library Access Cards (PLAC) that enable the cardholder to use any public library in Indiana. You must be an Indiana resident to purchase a PLAC card. The annual state fee for a PLAC card is $65. This is a desirable option for residents who wish to use public libraries around the state, or for those who live outside Morgan County and wish to check-out items from MPL, but who do not have an Evergreen Indiana card.
RECIPROCAL-BORROWER LIBRARY CARD (BLUE EVERGREEN INDIANA CARD)
Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation (MCSC) (or private Mooresville school) employees and students who live outside Morgan County may obtain a reciprocal-borrower library card, which is a BLUE Evergreen Indiana card. The blue card may be used ONLY at Mooresville Public Library and cannot be used to check-out materials from other E.I. libraries.
MCSC or private school employees and students who live in Morgan County (but not in Brown Township) may obtain regular Evergreen Indiana library cards from the Morgan County Public Library system.
EVERGREEN INDIANA CIRCULATION POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Matrix (i.e., length of time different items may be checked-out)
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Policy
- Evergreen Indiana Circulation Procedures