VisionMooresville (Indiana) Public Library
The vision of the Mooresville Public Library is to serve as a learning and recreational environment, responding to traditional values, literacy and informational needs of our patrons, and to respect the intellectual freedom of the community we serve. The purpose of the MPL is to gather, organize, and make readily available materials in accordance with the policies and mission established by the Library Board of Trustees. The focus of the MPL is to provide equal access to information in multiple formats and through customer service and programming. In addition, the MPL provides a place for interaction, collaboration, consultation, study, and reflection.
• We are patron-focused.
• We provide excellent and diverse services and programs for all ages.
• We offer access to a diverse collection of materials.
• We provide a safe and welcoming environment.
• We encourage responsible risk taking, personal initiative, and creative thinking among our staff.
• We support intellectual freedom, confidentiality, and the right to access information.
• We will be fiscally responsible by allocating and utilizing resources for maximum practical impact.
• We value our youth for the role they play in our community.
• We will be proactive in the incorporation of new technology.